We are from Lancaster County, and that means that we must eat pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day, for a prosperous new year. I would love to eat this more than once a year, but Sammi forbids it. She's not exactly big on kraut.
Pork and Sauerkraut
Into a crockpot, dump:
Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and applesauce.
- Some pork chops (I usually use a pack of 6 boneless chops)
- Bagged fresh sauerkraut (I usually use two 32 oz bags, which fills up my crockpot nicely)
- One onion, quartered
- One apple, cored and sliced
- A few spoonsful of brown sugar
- Some apple juice, apple cider, or white wine
Return to main recipes page